What is Jamaican Sea Moss?
In the breathtaking turquoise sea, located just off the coast of Jamaica, our natural Jamaican Sea Moss grows wild. It is known in the German-speaking world as a “cartilage tank” or “red algae”. In short, Jamaican Sea Moss is a species of seaweed.
It occurs in different colors from green-yellow, purple-brown, red, black, and yellow. Sea Moss grows wild on the rocky terrain of the Atlantic Ocean, mainly of North America and Europe.
The drying process affects the final color that ends up in our jars. So when Sea Moss is freshly harvested and dried in the sun, it loses most of its color and turns yellow.
However, this does not mean that the color is indicative of which varieties contain more nutrients. All varieties come to us with a similar macronutrient and micronutrient content in the jar.
This is how you can use it?
Due to the rich content of polysaccharides in its cell walls, Jamaican Sea Moss gels when it comes into contact with water and acts as an emulsifier and thickener. You can therefore use Sea Moss as a healthy vegetable alternative to gelatin for making puddings, creams, and dressings.
The high collagen content, similar in structure to our body’s collagen. Is absorbed particularly quickly and well by our skin and can thus soften wrinkles when used regularly.
My recipe booklet will tell you more about what else you can do with Sea Moss. Sign up for my newsletter to be the first to know when the e-book is on the market and get a free recipe emailed to you right now.
What’s in it for me?
Due to its high content in natural minerals (92 out of 102), Jamaican Sea Moss is a must for your healthy and balanced diet. Minerals are essential for survival, however, they are not produced by the body itself, which is why we need to consume them daily. Their function is not only to develop bone mass, teeth, hormones, and blood cells but also to transmit vital signals to the muscles and brain. Likewise, the immune system is strengthened and the cells are protected from free radicals. In addition, its high iron content provides the body with an optimal supply of oxygen, allowing us to be more energetic and efficient in everyday life. It is also considered a natural aphrodisiac.
- Digestive problems and constipation, which for example lead to abdominal cramps*
- Clears your body of mucus (e.g. nasal mucus) and toxins*
- Helps your body recover quicker from muscle cramps and muscle cartilage*
- Helps your skin heal from inflammation such as sunburn, dermatitis, herpes, and eczema*
- Assists your body in losing weight and curbs your appetite*
- It alleviates unpleasant symptoms of nausea and heartburn*
- Depression, anxiety, and restlessness*
- Reduces LDL cholesterol, which especially improves the living conditions of diabetics*
- Hashimoto (hypothyroidism) Due to its excellent iodine content, Jamaican Sea Moss Gel has a positive effect on the production of T3 and T4 hormones. These are vital hormones in keeping the metabolism of the entire organism active and maintaining its performance.*
*The effect is derived from the ingredients of the plant.
If you want to learn more about Jamaican Sea Moss Gel, book your ticket now for the workshop Alkaline Nutrition with Jamaican Sea Moss.