Today we start with our series of 7 Ways to make the alkaline diet benefit you.
The premise of an alkaline diet is that the nutrients found in supplements, alkalizing foods, and water can bring the body back to balance.
These vitamins, minerals, and herbs infuse the body with new energy, vitality, and better health.
Alkaline foods and water must be consumed in order to provide nutrients the body needs to neutralize acids and toxins in the blood, lymph, tissues, and cells.
Here come my 7 highlights and backgrounds on how you can do an Alkaline Diet
1. Reduce the consumption of sugar and products made from sugar, including:
jams & jellies
2. Avoid processed foods and condiments including:
The reason is they produce acids in our body.
3. Avoid cooking & heating food & beverages in the microwave
Not only does the microwave not always heat the food at the same time, so that certain pathogens are not killed at certain points. But also plasticizers in the used dishes or packaging can be transferred to the food or beverages and damage your health.
The rule for Vitamins:
Fat-soluble vitamins – longer cooking methods
Vitamin A. ( Retinoids. ) for the visual process, development of our cells
Vitamin D. ( Calciferol. ) for blood formation, brain, growth, and nerves
Vitamin E. ( Tocopherol. ) for the metabolism
Vitamin K. ( Phylloquinone. ) for blood clotting
Water-soluble vitamins – short and gentle preparation
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
Vitamin B7 (biotin)
Vitamin B12 (cobalamin)
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
4. Avoid dairy, meats, fried foods, and fast foods because they are acid producers
canned or dry milk
5. Increase your consumption of raw vegetables and raw fresh fruits (without sugar)
You should include raw vegetables in every meal.
If your breakfast is so small that you only eat toast or cereal, stop eating toast and take fresh fruits or vegetable juices instead.
If your lunches usually consist of sandwiches try to substitute them with a raw salad or a vegetable juice.
Have a large salad before you eat a heavy entree at dinner. This way, you will be sure to eat all of the salad instead of finding yourself too full to finish it.
6. Grains form the base of a balanced diet and are important in maintaining the alkaline balance in your body
Grains are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients, including folic acid, fiber, carbohydrates antioxidants, and phytoestrogens.
By eating grains you can eat less but feel full. Grains should comprise about 20% of your diet.
7. Don’t forget to hydrate
- Drink at least 2 liters of good quality water each day.
- Add liquid minerals to increase the quality of water.
- Infused water helps you absorb the minerals from the fruits and vegetables easily and on top of that tastes mega delicious.
This helps you not only boost your metabolism but also supports the elimination of toxins.